North Charleston, SC – The South Carolina Stingrays announced today the team’s Protected List for 2010.
ECHL Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player who:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2009-10 and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2009-10 and was recalled to the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League or an International Ice Hockey Federation team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Received a 2009-10 Qualifying Offer for the current season, and DID NOT sign a Standard Players Contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the team or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed a Standard Players Contract on or after the first day of the 2009-10 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released
The Stingrays protected list of players include: Todd Ford, Shane Connelly, Johann Kroll, Zach Tarkir, Zach Jones, Nate Kiser, Grant Farrell, Jason Fredricks, Jeff Caister, Derek Keller, Trent Campbell, Gregg Johnson, Keith Johnson, Nikita Kashirsky, Matt Fornataro, Matt Scherer, Spencer Carbery, Rob Ricci, David de Kastrozza, Chris Capraro, Brad Farynuk, Jeff Corey, Pierre-Luc O’Brien and Jonathan Boutin.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15. Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2009-10.
Don’t miss any of the fast-paced, hard-hitting action of the South Carolina Stingrays. Ticket packages for the 2010-11 season are on sale now for as low as $46 a month. Call the Stingrays front office at 744-2248 or click here for more information. For all the latest Stingrays news visit www.stingrayshockey.com. Stingrays Hockey – Family Affordable Entertainment.