06/04/2007 3:38 PM
N. Charleston, S.C. – The South Carolina Stingrays announced today its protected list for the 2007-08 reserve system, as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association.
The Stingrays protected list includes forwards Josh Anderson, Chris Chaput, Micheal Haley, Jarrett Konkle, Cail MacLean, Cam McCaffrey, Travis Morin, Matt W. Reid, Evan Schwabe, Peter Szabo, and Kyle Wilson. Defensively John Donnelly, Jamie Fraser, Nate Kiser, T.J. McElroy, and Scott Romfo were included as was goaltender Davis Parley.
As set down in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2006-07, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed Standard Players Contract in 2006-07, and was recalled to the National Hockey League, the American Hockey League or an International Ice Hockey Federation team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Received a 2006-07 Qualifying Offer for the current season, and DID NOT sign a Standard Players Contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the team or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed Standard Players Contract on or after the first day of the 2006-07 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Opening Day for the 20th Anniversary Season will be Oct. 18 when the Johnstown Chiefs host the Wheeling Nailers at Cambria County War Memorial in a rematch of Game 7 from the first-ever ECHL Finals.
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary as the Premier 'AA' Hockey League in 2007-08, the ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in three states and has grown to be a coast-to-coast league that will have 25 teams in 17 states and British Columbia in 2007- 08. The 25 teams includes the Mississippi (Biloxi) Sea Wolves, who return after missing two seasons in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and the expansion Elmira (N.Y.) Jackals.
The ECHL will play 900 games beginning Oct. 18 and concluding Apr. 5. The conference and division alignments and the format for the 2008 Kelly Cup Playoffs will be determined and approved at a later date by the ECHL Board of Governors.
Come join the Stingrays for their 15th Anniversary Season! The 2007-08 season begins on Oct. 20 at 7:05 p.m. as the Rays take on in-state rival Columbia Inferno! Deposits are being taken now for the 2007-08 South Carolina Stingrays season tickets! For just $100 you can reserve your seat to every hard-hitting, action-packed game at the North Charleston Coliseum. For more information including benefits, pricing, and package options, please call the Stingrays front office at 744-2248 or view the information online at www.stingrayshockey.com. Stingrays Hockey – A Whole Lot Cooler!